My 7th grade Reflection

When I first arrived in August, I expected to have tons of homework and that it was going to be difficult to make friends. I also expected for the year to go by so slow. But my predictions weren’t exactly correct.

By October, my life went more smoothly than the beginning of the year. The homework load was not that bad though. There were some nights I would end up going to bed at 11:00 because of my homework but I learned to use my time very wisely. I started focusing during Wildcat time and my homework load went down. And during October, I was able to make wonderful friends. I was afraid at first because I was arriving at a brand new school but I got over my fear.

In seventh grade, I learned that math is my favorite subject and I love writing and reading in English class. At first math was a struggle, then I realized how easy it was. All I had to so was really focus in class. My math teacher also helped me believe in myself. Then, in English class, reading The Giver was the best! The first two chapters of the book were pretty boring but the book ended up being amazing.

In addition, I learned to make friends, which was not that hard. At first I was scared and, in a way overwhelmed by everyone at school. But to be honest everyone was really welcoming. I had no problem with mean people. But one lesson I will never forget is, real friends will stay by your side no matter what.

As the year comes to a close, I will miss most of my teachers. They all thought me great things. My friends are ones I am forever going to keep and miss until next school year. And the homework was not bad at all. I’m truly going to miss seventh grade with all my heart.

One thought on “My 7th grade Reflection

1. I’m very glad that you have enjoyed English class, Cristina. You have done very good work with your reading and writing! This reflection on seventh grade is particularly well-written :- )