Deep Down… to The Phantom’s Lair

Gupteswar Gufa (Gupteswar Cave)

The wind was whispering through the cave. The water was calm and gentle. My boat flowed toward THE LAIR. Through the cave there were candles. One by one they fired with flames. I was ready… ready for HIM.

My boat came to a stop, I knew he was near. I hopped out of my boat and headed to the dark. All I could hear were the rats scurrying the opposite direction of where I was heading. Now, I really had no doubt about the Phantom popping out any moment. But instead of finding the Phantom I found a box “singing” a soft song. The sweet song was…Masquerade. I remember this song from a while away. But, I wasn’t quite sure why the song was playing? 

The darkness was growing stronger though. Then I turned around slowly… and found the Phantom’s throne. My heart skipped a beat. But I realized something, the Phantom wasn’t down here. He was gone. There was one thing left in the lair… the Phantom’s white mask.

Creative Commons License Photo Credit: Inaz via Compfight

4 thoughts on “Deep Down… to The Phantom’s Lair

• Thank you! I have not written other stories like this before, this was my first one really. I hope we can stay in contact.

Cristina😊